Remember Me Ranch’s foster care program allows us to rescue, rehabilitate, and re-home animals. Foster families provide temporary homes for animals that are waiting to find a loving, forever home.
The foster care program includes dogs and cats. You can foster animals even if you have pets of your own.
Foster families normally live within the SE Milwaukee area or Baraboo area, but we are welcome to other locations as long as you can provide transportation to important appointments.
Why is fostering important?
Foster parents open their homes and hearts to animals that need them now more than ever. These compassionate people play a vital role in the life of that animal and are a critical component to the success of Remember Me Ranch’s mission. Foster parents provide a home environment for healing and growth that a shelter cannot duplicate.
Simply put: foster parents save lives. Please consider fostering and give animals one of the best possible chances of finding a forever home.
Why do companion animals need to be fostered?
- Age/growth – Sometimes we have animals in our care who are simply too young or underweight to be placed up for adoption right away.
- Behavior – These animals need help gaining confidence or learning certain manners to help prime them for a happy, long-lasting life in their new home.
- Medical – Some animals may need to recover from an illness or injury before they’re able to be placed in a home.
- Expansion of lifesaving capacity – Every animal in a foster home frees up space at the Ranch for more animals, thus increasing our capacity to save lives!
How do I get started?
1) Read through our foster requirements here.
2) Fill out a foster application (see below).
3) Wait for our foster coordinator to follow up with you.